New mammal track site

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A couple of weeks ago, I got to go with Dan and George out to this newly-discovered mammal trackway site in the Glen Canyon formation that you can read all about here (I took the third picture down). Press release just went out on this. Access to the area is difficult and it really is on a very steep, high-angle dune surface, they're going to have to get technical with ropes just to access the majority of tracks. Exciting to see paleontological discoveries (of far more paramount importance than the bone scrap we keep finding in the Chinle) in action!

1 comments:

Char said...

I love the cute little mammal tracks! I wonder what the animal looked like. And yay for you, you took a great picture that got into a newspaper!!

BTW -- this weekend rocked. Thank you sooo much for coming out and spending time and eating amazing food with us. I also loved seeing Harry Potter with you! Despite the three-year-old that would NOT SHUT UP behind us. :)

 
Are you my protolith? - by Templates para novo blogger