It was foggy all day today.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Yesterday KJ, Kelli, and I went to a wedding expo to get some ideas for their commitment ceremony. Looked at a lot of dresses and was accosted by eager folks with pamphlets and ate lots of free samples. My favorite: pink champagne cake!

Then we went to a bike shop and KJ ended up buying a brand new bike and Kelli was able to get hers tuned up with some new fenders and kickstand and they both got brand new lighting systems as well. I love bike stores... well, any kind of sporting goods stores. Stepping into one immediately shoots seratonin to my brain. The best part about all this vicarious purchasing for me was that KJ is lending me her old Fuji bike for awhile, until I'm able to get my Surly. yay! Can't wait to take it for a ride next week on my cross-training days.

Then I finally got the two of them to sit down and watch Stranger Than Fiction (which they loved). KJ was seeing all this symbolism in it that I'd never picked up on before, it was really cool.

We had some Papa Johns and then I came home at 9:30 totally wiped out after being awake for 25 hours.

Today I did my long run of the week: 3.5 miles. Presently, I run 3 miles in 37 minutes, and that's really with me mostly running but also walking a bit too. I'm trying to get my pace down to 10 minutes per mile. A marathon run at that rate would take 4.36 hours to finish. I can't imagine ever going faster than that. If I can run that thing in 5 hours I'll be very happy. Anyhow, that's still too far away to think about. Just gotta keep taking each training week as it comes.

I bought this shampoo and conditioner that has EGG WHITES in it. ....My inner Ramona Quimby is excited by that. The rest of me is really a little grossed out by touching it (the shampoo especially has the look and texture of egg whites..). But it smells nice, like coconut, and it makes my hair healthier, so that's good.

26 years old, practically a zygote,

Nikki

2 comments:

Char said...

My inner Ramona Quimby! Bahahahahah!! I instantly knew what you were talking about! Getting that kind of shampoo is quite a step for you -- really, I'm amazed!

Tiffany said...

Animal products!! In your hair?!

"You have made some tremendous strides today."

 
Are you my protolith? - by Templates para novo blogger