One more day!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

This New York Times article had me entertained for quite awhile last night.

Favorite quote of the day:

“I think he’s a charlatan,” said Peter Kenote, a violist. “At best his conducting is incompetent. At worst it’s laughable. I don’t feel the New York Philharmonic should be the platform for his obsession.”

Hahaha, well put. I love musicians.

It snowed caboodles overnight, so I had the distinct pleasure of scraping the ice and snow off the car again this morning. Who doesn't get a kick out of that? While lovingly etching the ice from the windshield, I somehow always feel akin to the horsemen of the past who had to work in their cold stables tacking their steeds, feeding them oats, and giving them hugs and kisses before riding off into the day. There's just something about that little bit of personal time and attention attending to the everyday contraptions we use that I really love.



4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are hysterical. :)
I don't know anyone who enjoys doing that. But I love your comparison. baha.

Char said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Char said...

I totally feel that way about scraping the car! I love your comparison... it's hilarious. And BTW, I MISS YOU!!

Char said...

Oh, and that was my comment that I removed above... it had a typo, and I can't let that sit there if I see it. :)

 
Are you my protolith? - by Templates para novo blogger