Timpanogos

Friday, September 11, 2009

Tiffy and I went HIKING! (aw Tiff, remember "let's go hiking" ...to the living room, hahaha). We didn't quite make it to the top of Timpanogos, but we DID make it to the first of the lakes up there, about 5.5 miles up the mountain. The summit was another mile and a half away, but it was already getting to be too late in the day to make a push for it (we only had a tiny flashlight, and trying to hike down a canyon with steep-sided switchbacks in the dark is not very smart.. or fun).


Tiffany is up for anything,


Including THIS


lushy verdant green growing happy,


The crystal clear lake we stopped at,

The lake is sitting directly above this waterfall, feeding it. “…And if those devils come back and try any rough stuff, we’ll fight them together, boy, like we did just now, eh? You with the old gun, and me with the belt and the ammo, feeding you, Jack. Feed me, you said, and I was feeding you, Jack!”


These guys were totally gorging themselves on sweet, sweet nector,

Utterly oblivious,


We were out on this sleeping princess for 9 hours! I love hiking with my squishy. Thanks Tiff!

4 comments:

Char said...

I love this post! What beautiful pictures! I'm so proud of both of you for hiking up that far! That's no easy hike.

What is the "sleeping princess" a reference to?

Oh my gosh, I laughed my head off over your Dr. Strangelove quote. "I was feeding you, Jack!"

"You see, the string in my leg...it's gone. The string..." :D

Char said...

I love those fat, furry bees on the thistle!

"Utterly oblivious" is right.

Nikki said...

Timpanogos means 'sleeping princess' or, alternately, 'reclining lady'.

I love the bees' fat little butts sticking up in the air in that last one. My camera was only centimeters away and they didn't care one bit. :)

Tiffany said...

It was so much fun Nikki! Sorry for being such a cry baby on the way up though! It was gorgeous and I'm glad we at least made it to the first lake!

I love the bees!! They were really jugging that nectar down too; you could actually see it. So cool.

 
Are you my protolith? - by Templates para novo blogger